Hands must be washed at a designated wash hand basin using clean warm running water (at a temperature of roughly 40oC). Follow the following stages:
- Run the water until it is hand-hot;
- Rinse hands thoroughly;
- Apply around a teaspoon full of liquid soap to the hands;
- Rub hands vigorously to produce a good lather;
- Rub fingers between and around fingers, thumbs, fingertips and wrists for around 20 seconds or more;
- Rinse thoroughly under running water whilst rubbing all of the aforementioned areas until all the dirt and lather is removed;
- If any dirt remains start again;
- Dry thoroughly all parts using disposable paper towels;
- Use paper towel to turn off the tap if necessary; and
- Dispose of the paper towel without touching the bin.
Learn more about hand washing and why it is important.